The Department of Estate Management, previously under the Faculty of Business and Management Studies and currently under the Faculty of Built and Natural Environment was established in 1995/96 academic year, when the Polytechnics were directed to fully implement the tertiary education reform programme. Presently, the Department is running three academic programmes, namely:
- 3 years Higher National Diploma (HND) in Estate Management
- 2 years Bachelor of Technology (BTech) in Estate Management – Top Up, in partnership with the Institute of Distance and Continuing Education (IDCE).
To be a centre of excellence for the training of middle and higher level technical manpower and professionals.
The objectives of the Department are:
- To continue the training of students in the economic, legal, technical, management and commercial aspects of property management.
- To provide middle level and higher level technical manpower support for the real estate industry in areas pertaining to brokerage, construction, appraisal and management.
- To train students to assist in areas relating to property management, land administration and management with the aim of providing support for the implementation of Phase II of the Land Administration Project.
To achieve these aims and objectives, the syllabi for the programmes are designed to equip students with the necessary theoretical knowledge with a strong complement of practical training in the real estate industry; to enable students meet the demands of the local industry and cope with modern trends in the real estate industry.