The Electrical & Electronic Engineering Department is one of the four departments under the Faculty of Engineering. It has gained re-accreditation this year to continue running the Higher National Diploma (HND) for the next four years. The HND programme is designed to offer an opportunity to students to acquire knowledge and practical skills in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in order to contribute meaningfully to the realization of the objectives of organizations and the communities at large. The Department has high student population and good standing in terms of academic work.
To be a centre of excellence for churning out of competent and efficient Electrical & Electronic Engineers, with strong ethical values for national and the global economy.
To produce graduates that have a firm grasp of Electrical and Electronic Engineering principles through quality engineering education, aimed at benefitting the local industries in Ghana and the wider international community. 24 Rector’s Report, 10th Congregation of Kumasi Polytechnic
To achieve the vision, we strive to:
- Provide students with the underlying Engineering Sciences and Technical foundation to become competent and practical electrical and electronic engineers.
- Instil in students perfect understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities and create awareness of their professional impact on societal activities.
- Foster a relationship that is collaborative and accessible between faculty and students, which allows for personal mentoring and engages students in the educational process.
- Improve continuously the academic programmes through partnership with academia, Government and industry.
HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMME OPTIONS
The options are:
- Electrical Power
- Control And Instrumentation
- Hospital Engineering