The BTech. Interior Design Technology programme has been developed to provide students with the solid design and scientific foundation needed to start work toward becoming a professional interior designer and prepares students for entry-level positions in residential and commercial interior design as well as other equivalent positions related to interior design.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- Equip students with the theoretical and conceptual skills needed to undertake professional tasks in the interior design industry.
- Provide students with critical and analytical skills including spatial planning and setting up required by the interior design and the built environment industry.
- Equip graduates with scientific and design abilities, and rudiments needed to create attractive designs and layouts for various projects to meet clients’ expectations amidst effective customer relations and communication to address needs for mutual benefits.
- Provide graduates with the needed knowledge to prepare costs of interior projects towards providing appropriate quotations to clients and manage projects efficiently and effectively.
- Train students to conduct research in new scientific trends in the profession and prepare them for professional and academic progression in Interior Design and related programmes.
- Train graduates with ability to handle and apply resources (human and material) in the best scientific and judicious manner to guarantee profitability without compromising quality and health requirements.