Entry Requirements For HND Agribusiness And Entrepreneurship
All Courses at the SHS (Gen. Arts, Gen. Science, Agric, Home Economics, Business, Visual Arts, etc) can apply for the Program
a. SSSCE Applicants
I. Six passes (A-D) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
ii. At least three (3) of the passes must be relevant to the area of specialization.
b. WASSCE Applicants
i. Six passes (A1-D7) in all subjects, including English Language and Mathematics; and
ii. Must possess a minimum of C6 in any three (3) of the elective subjects relevant o the area of specialization.
c. Diploma Holders: Diploma in all programs from a tertiary institution.
d. ABCE/ 'O'&'A' Level Applicants
Five (5) ABCE credits or five (5) GCE Ordinary Level credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least two (2) GCE 'A' Level/ABCE passes.
e. GBCE Applicants
Five (5) GBCE credits including English, Business Mathematics and Integrated Science/Social Studies.
f. DBS Applicants
Four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE Credits including English Language and Mathematics plus at least three DBS passes.
g. Technical School Applicants (Certificate II)
Passes in English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science plus any three (3) relevant trade courses.
h. Mature Applicants
Mature Candidates must:
i. Be 25 years old and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of birth date which is at least 5 years old at the time of application.
ii. Have at least two (2) years working experience (letter from the employer is required).
iii. Pass a written examination conducted by the University.
SPECIAL BENEFITS AND PACKAGE
- Strong research skills and industrial attachment opportunities.
- Postgraduate training opportunities (with scholarship on merit)
- Graduating students will be enrolled in the Youth Fellowship Program and supported with Agri-Starter Packs and grant funds to enable them establish their own agribusiness ventures.
- EMPLOYMENT PROSPECTS OF STUDENTS
The following are the employment prospects for students on the program:
- Establish and manage own agribusiness firm.
- Establish and manage agri-food processing firms.
- Project Officers in financial institutions.
- Agribusiness Consultant
- Agricultural Development Officer in both private and public sector.
- Research Scientist
- Students on the program can also be employed by the following private enterprises and public institutions:
- Ministry of Food and Agriculture.
- Ministry of Trade and Industry.
- Ministry of Education.
- Agricultural Marketing Companies (domestic and international)
- Agro-input Supply Firms.
- Agricultural Consultancy and Advisory Services.
- Non-Governmental Organizations
- Food Safety and Quality Control Institutions
- Agricultural Research Institutes