The Department of Agropreneurship was established in 2011 to offer Diploma, Higher National Diploma and Bachelor of Technology in Agropreneurship. The programmes comprise modules in Agribusiness Management, Postharvest Technology, and Core Agricultural Production courses. They have been developed to cover important knowledge and skill gaps in agriculture with regard to agribusiness enterprise management and post harvest technology. The course structure has also been made flexible enough to admit candidates with Science. Arts or Business background at the SSSCE/WASSCE level. The course has been designed to train the needed manpower who will act entrepreneurially in the organizations they will find themselves or be able to set up their own businesses.
To be a centre of repute for the training of agribusiness enterprises.
The main objective of the establishment of the department is to produce graduates who have been adequately exposed to both theoretical and practical agribusiness and postharvest technology knowledge sufficient to become agribusiness entrepreneurs.
The Department has the following specific objectives:
- To train and produce graduates with a business mentality that will transform agricultural practice or production in Ghana;
- To enhance the characteristics of a typical entrepreneur needed to undertake or manage a new venture;
- To help graduates examine the proper use of scarce resources for the betterment of the organization they will work for;
- To enable graduates to develop and implement a business plan and be able to manage it well;
- To train and produce graduates with a thorough up-to-date knowledge of developments in international agricultural trade environment;
- To organize periodic seminars for agribusiness entrepreneurs in and around the Ashanti Region.
visit the site the link for more detail : https://feed.kstu.edu.gh/agropreneurship-department